Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Just a quick update

We missed church on Sunday because I haven't been sleeping very well and I was finally able to get some decent rest, so Leonard didn't wake me up. So, today in the mail we got a booklet from Catherine at church so that we can start preparing for the baptism. We'll meet two Sundays after mass, and I guess that's all that's required. I'm not sure if we have to meet with the priest at all, but since our church is so small and we are served by two different priests, I'm guessing that we don't have to. I'm hoping that we can go to church at St. Regis on Mother's Day so that we can meet the priest who will be doing the baptism.

On Saturday, we installed the carpet in the nursery. Actually, I should say that Leonard installed it. All I did was hold some string and hand him some pieces of carpet. We used carpet squares because the room is so small and it seemed pretty easy. It looks good, and with a few more vacuumings, you shouldn't be able to see any of the lines. All in all, it only took 2-3 hours to complete.

Mom and Chris will probably go to Nebraska Furniture Mart to look at a crib for us this weekend. It's a good price compared to what we can find down here and the brand gets very good ratings for quality. Plus there is no shipping cost, which we'd have to pay for almost anything else that we bought. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the crib looks good and that they carry it in the finish that I want.

1 comment:

Tina said...

Keep having trouble leaving messages. Keep saying my password is incorrect.
Anyway, you are looking good, Katie. You are really growing! Don't worry about getting an "outie". It will come soon enough! And get as much sleep as you can. You won't be getting much for the next 5 years!!
Love you all.