Today I had another monthly appointment. Everything looked good. The doctor was able to find her heartbeat right away, but had trouble keeping it because she was moving around so much. I felt her kick the wand once, which was a little funny. I've gained 15 lbs. so far, which is right on target, but I think I need to cut back a little on my snacking. We also discussed a 4-D ultrasound. She didn't have any problems with me wanting to have one done and said that they are fun. She recommended waiting until a little later in the pregnancy so the baby wouldn't look so skinny.
Next month's appointment isn't going to be too pleasant. I'll have to do the 1 hr glucose test for gestational diabetes. Luckily it's not fasting and it's just the one hour test so it shouldn't be as sweet as the 3 hour test. She's also going to begin the routine testing for anemia. After that appointment, I'll be going to 3 weeks in between rather than 4.
Seeing as today is April Fool's Day, I decided to pull a prank on a few people. My first victim was Hayes, one of the guys that I work with. I told him that I was having twins. At first he fell for it, but before it was over, he realized it was April Fool's Day and caught on. My second victim was April. She totally thought I was having twins. It was funny! I hung up the phone and gave her a few minutes before I was going to call back and tell her the truth. Before I could, though, one of her co-workers asked if was an April Fool's joke. My final victim was Rick, my boss. He fell for it too. I didn't give him a chance to realize his mistake because I figured his entire office would think I was having twins if I did. He said he was going to get me back, so I better be on the lookout for him.
On the run
10 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment