One of the perks of my job is that I occasionally go along on helicopter rides to do some aerial recon work. I just happened to be at another office for a meeting and they were going flying to look at storm damage. A lot of my co-workers don't like flying because they get air sick. There was still an empty spot, so I jumped at the chance to go, as long as the pilot didn't ground me. He didn't have any problem with me going, other than hoping that morning sickness didn't pop up because he was out of air sickness bags.
I think the constant vibration put her to sleep because I didn't feel any kicks while we were in the air, but once we landed she started kicking again. I wasn't worried about flying in the helicopter because the doctor told me that I could fly on a plane until 36 weeks.
We were only in the air for about an hour and a half, but it was a blast. The area of damage was pretty narrow, but long. It really gives you a different perspective compared with looking at it from the ground. Flying in the helicopter is a ton of fun and I feel safer than I do on an airplane because I know the pilots and there are a lot more places a helicopter can land compared to an airplane if there's trouble.
On the run
10 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment