Abby was finally released from the hospital on Tuesday. It was a great day! We will still have to stay around Little Rock for the next 3 1/2 weeks or so until Abby finishes her radiation. Thankfully, we were moved into an apartment furnished by CARTI today so that we don't have to worry about housing while we are here. We are overjoyed that Alexis will now be able to join us. Abby has really missed her sister and it raises her spirits to be able to see her.
We have enjoyed these last two days of freedom. We became members of the zoo yesterday because that is one place we can go that's public but has a minimum of people germs. I'm sure we will be frequenting the zoo. Today we went to the River Market and walked around for a little bit. We also went to the playground both days. It has raised Abby's spirits considerably. She is even cooperating at radiation and when it comes to cleaning her button.
Once radiation is complete, we will still have to visit Little Rock every Friday for the foreseeable future in order to get chemo. Every third Friday will be her big chemo and will require an overnight hospital stay.
Sadly, Abby's hair is now starting to fall out. I'm hoping that this is going to be harder on me than it is on her. I hate the thought of her losing her hair and hope that her friends will still be accepting of her when she is finally able to see them again.
On the run
10 years ago

10 comments:
I know losing the hair has been a big concern of yours. Im so sorry that your family is having to go through this, but we all know that God has great things in store for Abby, we just have to sit back be patient and wait.
Hope she continues to feel well and enjoy her time at the zoo, park, and with sis! Love, prayers and hugs!
I am so happy that Abby is getting to enjoy her time at the park and zoo. I know the kids will still love her no matter what. Give her big hugs from me. I hope to get to see her soon.
Children will surprise you and we just know that they will be so overjoyed to see your sweet little Abby....We are all continuing to pray for her and are so very happy that she was able to get out and be a little adventerous at the zoo.
Prayers and Hugs, Nancy
I'm SO glad she is out of the hospital and you guys have accommodations in Little Rock.
Now it's time to start shopping for fun hats and scarves. :-)
Hi Katie! It is wonderful to read such great news. You sure have a little fighter!
A daughter of one of my other friends has a girl that had leukemia. Someone produced a massive hat drive for her. She was about Abby's age. She ended up getting all kinds of really adorable hats from all over. Just a thought, but I also think that she's a beautiful little girl no matter what.
Enjoy the zoo. Let us know if you need anything!
Stephanie (and Sawyer and Hayes, too)
Don't worry about Abby losing her hair. When it comes back, it will be thicker and prettier! Abby is such an outgoing person that she will do great. :-D
Praying for Abby and so happy to hear the good news. Nice you can get away from the hospital for awhile. Enjoy your time away and thank God for it. I'm also praying for you and the family that God will give you the strength and the faith you need to get through this. Stay positive. We've never met....I am Ramona's mother-in-law and I'm so glad she sent me the link to your blog. I try to read it each day and I'm so excited to read of Abby's progress. I've sent your blog to others so know that alot of people are praying for all of you. God bless... JF
I'm glad to hear that you guys are out and about and having fun as a family. I know the hair falling out is stressful but she is such a pretty girl that it won't even matter and I'm sure you'll put some cool hats and her. ;) Hugs to you all!!
Her classmates will be curious for sure but I am also sure that her teachers will explain to them what is going on - appropriate for their age. I have no doubt that they will accept and love Abby. Get a bunch of hats and let her choose which one she wants. She may not even want to wear one which will be fine, too. She is a cutie pie either way! Continued prayers and hugs! Love you all. Aunt Rosanna
Hey Katie, Leonard, Abby and Alexis, Glad to see things are going better outside of the hospital. Hope you all continue to have great days. Miss seeing Abby and Alexis's smiling faces and voices in church. Hope to see you soon. Always in my prayers, Love, Steph
Post a Comment