Sunday, March 20, 2011

Visitation Rules

In preparation for going home (possibly next weekend), we must set some rules for visiting our house. These rules are to protect Abby, so we must require all visitors to follow them. Nearly all these rules are common sense and come from the website http://www.tracheostomy.com/.

  • Give advance notice of all visits.

  • Do not visit if you have had or have been in close contact with someone who has had a fever or any sort of illness (intestinal, cold, etc.) in the last three days.

  • You must use hand sanitizer or wash your hands with soap and water when you first enter the house and any time you use the restroom, sneeze, cough, eat, etc.

  • Take off your shoes when you enter the house.

  • Kleenexes are single use only. Do not use them more than once.

  • Do not cough or sneeze into your hand or into the air. Please cover all coughs and sneezes with your arm then promptly wash your hands.

  • Absolutely no smoking on our property or before you visit.

  • No strong perfumes or other strong scents.

  • No items that shed excessively.

  • No latex balloons.

If there is anyone in the DeQueen area that is proficient in tracheostomy care (suctioning, changing trachs, dealing with mucous plugs, proficient in trach modified CPR) and would be willing to babysit if the need arose, please leave a comment here.

4 comments:

Darla said...

I will also post this on facebook and see if any of my friends know of anyone that specializes in trach care. Praying that all works out well and yall can come home next weekend!!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe I can only use my kleenex only once. Bummer JD

Jessica L said...

Katie, I'm glad to read that there is a possibility of you all heading home soon. Thoughts and prayers are with you all!

Nanna Nette said...

I hope you guys get to come home. I know you will have to be extremely caution. Give Abby a hug for me. As always, you remain in my prayers and if I can do anything let me know.