Friday, September 3, 2010

Alexis' 2 month check-up

Alexis had her 2 month check-up last week. She was up to 12lb. 1/2oz (75%) and 22 3/4 in (50%). Of course, her peanut head is down in the 5th percentile. She's doing great. The pedi was amazed that she has more than doubled her weight from its lowest point. At two weeks, she was in the 5th percentile for her weight, so she's really gaining. She has good head control, considering that she was 4 weeks early. She also did great with her shots and cried for just a few seconds. She still has a little bit of a heart murmur, but we're just going to let the pedi watch it for now. If she still has it at 6 months, I'll probably have it checked out by the cardiologist.

Deep down, I feel like she has a lot of the same problems as Abby. She has the heart murmur. We can hear her refluxing, but at least hers comes up. We're going to try her on Zantac (I think that's what it was) because she is extremely fussy for 5-10 minutes before she spits up and she chokes just about every feeding to where I know her milk's going down the wrong side. I know I should probably get that checked out, but I'm afraid they would tell me I have to quit nursing or EP, neither of which I'm prepared to do. Ugh...so frustrating.

No comments: