Alexis was discharged from the hospital this morning. It ends up she had viral meningitis, specifically enteroviral meningitis. They were able to culture a virus from her spinal fluid. Most likely she picked it up from Abby because the symptoms of that particular virus match the cold that Abby's had for the last two weeks. Now we just have to keep a close eye on her and make sure she doesn't get a recurrence. Thank you for all the prayers!
At its highest point, her fever was 102.4. Alexis was extremely fussy and did not sleep or eat well at all. I spent the 1st and 3rd nights at the hospital while Leonard stayed the 2nd night so I could get some rest. We are so lucky to work with and go to church with such great people who kept Abby so that we could spend as much time as possible at the hospital.
It was awful being away from Abby for so long. When I went to pick her up the 2nd night, she saw me through the class door and started yelling, "Mommy! Mommy!" while running to the door as fast as she could, then jumping up and down. I nearly started crying because it was so cute and made me realize just how much I had missed her.
On the run
10 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment