Saturday, August 21, 2010

Alexis is in the hospital

I noticed early this morning that Alexis had a slight fever. It was barely over 100, but I decided to take her to the pedi figuring that they would draw some blood, give us some antibiotics and send us home. Wrong. The pedi said she needed to be admitted immediately and they rushed her away to do a lumbar puncture before sending us next door to the hospital. Her fever is quite a bit higher no that we're in the hospital, so I know this where we need to be, but it is still quite a shock. We'll be here at least 2 or 3 days even though all the testing is pointing to a virus rather than an infection. The only place they could get an iv was in her scalp, so she looks terrible. I'm missing Abby and hoping we get out of here soon.

No comments: