There is some bad stuff going on around here right now. When I came into work on Friday morning, nothing was working - no internet, no cell phones, no office phones. After waiting a couple of hours, there was really nothing I could do at work due to the network being down, so I ran a few errands and then went home. Once I got home, I pulled out the newborn and baby clothes and sorted through them while I watched tv. I decided to turn on the Headline News and the top story was the flooding in Arkansas, specifically at Albert Pike Campground. It appears that there may have been dozens of people killed there by a flash flood, which also the reason our phones and internet were down. This was our favorite place to go camping in Arkansas. We had hoped to take Abby camping there this spring, but with everything being so busy, we never made it.
I took advantage of the unexpected day off by getting all the baby clothes washed, folded and put in the dresser, cleaned most of the house, and just relaxed. I left Abby at daycare and felt bad about it, but I knew there was no way I would get much done with her running around the house.
On Sunday, April called me and asked how close we were to Umpire. I asked why and told her that Umpire was just down the road from my office. She said there was a plane crash there with four people killed.
That's two bad things that have happened in our area in just a few days. I wonder what the third thing will be.
On the run
10 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment