Well, the good news is that this is the longest Abby has ever made it without going to the doctor. The bad news is that the streak is over at three months.
Abby was sent home from daycare on Thursday morning with diarrhea and a fever of about 100. We spent the day at home and she didn't really seem sick other than the fever, which went down with Motrin, and the occasional diarrhea. I sent her back to daycare on Friday and she was fine on Saturday too. On Sunday, I should have known something was wrong when she slept until 7am! Then she napped after we got home from church and she didn't wake up until 2:30, when we woke her up. As soon as felt her, I knew she had a fever. This time it was 101.3 and it stayed that way the rest of the evening, even with Motrin. That night, she kept moaning in her sleep and saying "Ow, ow", so I figured it was an ear infection. After a trip to the doctor the next morning, we found out it was strep throat and a possible UTI. Her ears were perfect. Now we're on antibiotics and on the mend, just in time for our vacation.
I will have to say, Abby did a great job at the doctor's office. She didn't cry once, which never happens. I was shocked when she didn't even cry after the throat swab. I treated her to lunch at Chick-Fil-A for being so good, but her throat was too sore to eat. As bad as it is, I let her have half a milkshake because I thought the cold would feel good on her throat. She scarfed that down, but didn't want any more.
Thankfully, she finally slept last night without crying in her sleep most of the night. It was wonderful to finally get some sleep after Leonard and I both averaged about 3 hours a night for 3 nights in a row.
We are off on a little vacation for a few days to have some fun time as a family before the next one arrives. This will be Abby's first time staying in a hotel when it's not associated with a doctor visit. Hopefully she will be in a great mood and enjoys the trip now that she's feeling better.
On the run
10 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment