Friday, July 11, 2008

Induction Set!

I am going to be induced Sunday, July 13. I have to be at the hospital at 10 am. They will give me a dose of Cytotec to help soften the cervix. After 4 hours, I will be checked and either given another dose of the Cytotec, or started on Pitocin. As of yesterday, I was dilated 1cm and was 50% effaced.

The doctor decided to induce me Sunday because my amniotic fluid is low. She performed well on the NST and according to the ultrasound, she went through a growth spurt. Three weeks ago, she was estimated to weigh 5 lb 6 oz. Yesterday, her weight was estimated at 7 lb 11 oz.

We are very excited. Leonard will be off work all next week. I'm not sure I could have made it another week because my itching is coming back and making me miserable again.

No comments: