Abby had her first check-up with the pediatrician today. Unfortunately, she is still nearly half a pound below her birth weight. She has been sleeping too long, so now we have to make sure she eats at least every three hours. That's going to be hard because it is difficult to wake her up and to keep her awake while she eats.
She is also jaundiced, so we had to get her blood drawn to check her bilirubin levels. They were high enough that I have to take her back in on Monday to get them re-drawn to make sure they continue to go down. Luckily they aren't high enough to have to go under the lights.
The doctor also wants to schedule her for a hip ultrasound because she though she could feel clicking when she manipulated her hips. When I told her that I also had hip problems when I was born, she said it tends to run in families, so not to be surprised if she does have problems as well. We will find out on Monday when her appointment is.
So far I am very impressed by her pediatrician. She called at 8:00 on Friday night to tell us the results of her blood work and to tell us about wanting her to come back in on Monday. I hope I will continue to like her.
On the run
10 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment