Tuesday, June 10, 2008

33 Week Update

Today was my weekly doctor appointment. Everything went well. The glyburide that I have been taking for the last week has worked well for lowering my blood sugar. My fasting numbers in the morning have dropped about 30 points. My appointments only last 10-15 minutes. It's a pain because it's an hour drive each way. Luckily I usually don't have to wait at all before I get in.

Next week's appointment will be longer. We will get to have another ultrasound. Yay! I will also start having non-stress tests (NST). This is just to make sure she is doing ok. The doctor said it's no big deal and is non-invasive.

Last weekend we had our childbirth class. Truthfully, I didn't get much out of it. I enjoyed the hospital tour and seeing the rooms. There was also some information on inductions that I learned. Surprisingly, they didn't spend much time on breathing during labor. I thought this was going to be a big part of the class.

I am really looking forward to this weekend. Mom and Chris are coming down and we will be bringing the crib. Mom is going to make curtains for the nursery. I already have all the fabric, it just needs to be washed.

No comments: