Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Appointment Update

Yesterday I had an appointment at 11w 2d. Everything was fine and we were able to hear the heartbeat using a doppler. It was great to hear the sound of that heartbeat and know that everything was ok. It seemed like it took her a long time to find it, but in actuality, it was probably less than a minute.

I asked her if they offered an NT scan for Down's Syndrome testing and she said yes. The only problem is that it has to be done through an MFM specialist (Maternal Fetal Medicine) and the nearest one is in Little Rock or Dallas - a 3 1/2 to 4 hr drive. The scan must also be done between 11 and 13 weeks, which wouldn't leave much time to schedule it, if they had any openings at all. I decided to just go ahead with the Quad Screen. The biggest advantage of an NT scan is that it is an ultrasound and it would have been really nice to see the baby.

It is kind of disappointing that we spend two hours driving back and forth to the doctor, wait 20-30 minutes in the waiting room, and only spend 10-15 minutes with the doctor. It's not too bad now that I only go once a month, but when it gets down to every week and every other week, it will get pretty hectic.

My next appointment is Feb. 5. She said it will be another short appointment, other than getting blood drawn for the Quad Screen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So glad that things are going well for you!!

Just wanted to ask if you mind if I link to your blog on my blogroll. I'd love to keep up with you as you progress through your pregnancy!

D