Monday, January 21, 2008

13 weeks!

I have officially made it out of the first trimester! I am now 13 weeks along. My morning sickness has finally disappeared, though I still don't like a lot of smells. According to my weekly updates, the baby is now the size of a peach or a shrimp. It's definitely getting bigger.

I took some belly pictures yesterday. I am definitely starting to get bigger, though not much. I can't fit into my tight jeans anymore. I started wearing the maternity overalls that I got when I was home for Christmas. I don't really need them yet, but they are so comfortable and don't look like they are maternity clothing. I have been wearing maternity shirts to work fairly often. They just look like regular shirts, just a little longer.






My pants still fit if I wear them low.



This picture just makes me look fat.




Aunt Rosanna signed me up for the League of St. Gerard. St. Gerard is the patron saint of mothers. It was really nice of her to do that. I got a packet of stuff in the mail a week or two ago explaining the history of St. Gerard and included a prayer card and small medallion.

Last week, I told a few of my contractors that I was pregnant. They were all happy for me, but upset that they would have to deal with Steve while I'm gone on leave. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your belly is starting to become more pronounced! It's about the only time that getting bigger is exciting. I'm so happy for you guys!

--Misty

Anonymous said...

you do look like you are starting to show. Glad you are through the first trimester. It will start to be fun now (at least until the part where you can't see your toes anymore). I enjoy looking at your pictures!