Sunday, July 1, 2007

We're Having a Baby!

We're having a baby! Surprisingly, it happened in our first month trying. We are so excited! My first doctor appointment isn't until July 24 - at eight weeks. I am supposed to bring a VHS tape so that we can get a copy of the ultrasound. Using the calculators on the internet, my due date is February 29, 2008.

I'm feeling pretty good, just a little bit of nausea here and there. I had already started taking pre-natal vitamins. I don't know if the doctor will want me to take prescription ones instead of over-the-counter ones. I am also trying to eat healthier - I'm drinking more milk, drinking a lot less pop, especially the caffeinated kind, and eating more fruits and vegetables.

So far, only our immediate family knows. We told my mom and Christopher the day we found out because they were here visiting. We told April and Leonard's parents and siblings over the phone.

Leonard and me after telling Mom and Chris

Last night, we went to the bookstore and bought three pregnancy books. The first is Your Pregnancy Week by Week and the second is The Mayo Clinic Guide to a Healthy Pregnancy. The third book is for Leonard and it is called Pregnancy Sucks for Men. It looked pretty funny.

No comments: