Abby and Alexis enjoyed Halloween this year. They dressed up as Toodee (Alexis) and Foofa (Abby) from Yo Gabba Gabba. One of my goals was to make their Halloween costumes one year, so I can no mark that off my list. I have to say they turned out pretty well. They made it through three days of wear, though Foofa is now missing her pupil, but that didn't happen until Sunday night. As soon as I showed Abby her costume, she started saying Foofawa and pointing to her shirt.
We took Abby to do a little trick-or-treating downtown, but the lines were insane, so we only hit about half the stores. She's too young to need much candy anyway, so it's all still in the bags and I'm sure she won't miss it.
Abby also hit the milestone of being invited to her first party. It was at her friend Bryar's house. She really enjoyed herself and I enjoyed seeing her play with her friends and running around. They had a weenie roast and hayride. Abby held out pretty well for being up two hours past her bedtime, at least until it was time to leave. Then she pitched the biggest fit of her life. It probably took me twenty minutes to buckle her in the carseat because her back was arched and I could not get her to stay in. I was worried that she would have bruises, but luckily she didn't.
In preparation for Halloween, we also visited a two pumpkin patches and a corn maze. Abby enjoyed all of it, but we had to be careful because she enjoyed picking up the pumpkins and throwing them. Not good. We ended up buying a few small ones that we hadn't planned on. She also led the way on the corn maze. Poor Alexis was a good sport through all of it, but we gave up on the maze halfway through because she was getting pretty fussy.
I can't wait for next year when Abby actually understands the concept of Halloween.

No comments:
Post a Comment