Wednesday, March 17, 2010

And Baby Hanway #2 Is....

A girl! Or a boy! We have no idea. The little one would not cooperate at all. We were given about a 60% chance that it's a girl, which isn't much better than 50/50. It kept its legs crossed at the ankles and side by side the rest of the way down, so there was no way for them to get the top shot that they needed.

Luckily everything else looks good. Unfortunately, they didn't give us any measurements or weight estimates, which disappointed me. This sonographer didn't point anything out, other than the obvious. All that was said about the heart was that it has 4 chambers and looks good, so we're hoping that this one doesn't have the same problems as Abby.

We were able to see some great shots of the hands and feet and saw a good profile. They didn't put any of the the hands or feet shots on the cd and they only printed out two pictures - one of the profile and one of the spine. They have a new ultrasound machine and it's nice that they put it on a cd now, but all you get is six or seven 5-second clips. They leave a lot of it out, which is disappointing.
Since Mom was in town visiting, she was able to go to the ultrasound, which she loved. It was kind of nice to have her there because Abby started to act up and we had to take her out, then they went out to the waiting room while I had my actual appointment.

My next appointment is April 14, just a few days before I fly home for less than 48 hours. Luckily I was cleared to fly as long as everything is still going ok. At that appointment, I will do my 1 hour glucose test again and hopefully I will pass with flying colors. At halfway, I have already gained 11 pounds. I guess that isn't too bad, but it's more than I had gained at this time last pregnancy. There is also a chance that I will have a repeat ultrasound so that we can get another peek at the baby and hopefully see the gender. As Leonard will be on day shift, I'll be going to the remainder of my appointments alone, so it will be sad to be by myself when finding out the sex.

And now for some pictures!
Profile with hand by the face
Side view showing spine, arms, legs, and head
The back of the head, ear and spine.

Heartbeat showing 136 bpm.

No comments: