We picked out a new light fixture because we didn't like the old miniature ceiling fan that was in the room. It's a good thing that Leonard knows how to do all this electrical stuff.
The last step is the priming and painting. We matched the paint color to a Winnie the Pooh blanket using the paint matcher at Home Depot. It's a pretty neat tool to use. The color is called Desert Cactus, though it doesn't look much like a desert or cactus to me. Leonard did most of the painting because we didn't think I should be around the fumes too much, even though I wore a mask. At this point, there is only one coat on the walls because we have to wait four hours between coats.
The seam on this wall shows more than I would like, but most of it will be covered up by the crib, so it shouldn't be too bad. Right now we're waiting for the first coat of paint to dry so we can put the second coat on. It's exciting to be working on the nursery.
Yesterday we looked at carpeting for the room. I think we're going to go with the squares that we can install ourselves. It looks fairly easy and the room isn't very big either.

1 comment:
Wow, the room looks totally different without the paneling. Much brighter. It will make a very cute room for the baby.
Post a Comment