Sunday, March 9, 2008

20 Week Pictures and Registering

This weekend we went to Dallas so that we could register at Babies R Us. I wanted to go to a place that actually had a decent selection and where you could try the products out. I was surprised that their prices were comparable to Target as I expected them to be more expensive. The sales people were very helpful and showed us how to use the strollers and car seats. Otherwise, we might still be there. I fell in love with the travel system that we registered for. It's a Chicco Cortina, which isn't a brand you can find at Wal-Mart. It's higher priced, but compared to the Gracos, which are also very popular, it is a lot easier to use and will be worth the extra money. Not to mention, it gets very good reviews for safety. The car seat felt much more secure in the stroller than the Graco. Babies R Us was a bit overwhelming, considering that I'm used to two aisles of baby stuff at Wal-Mart.

As for the registry, most of the small items and bedding are at Target while the larger items are at Babies R Us. Hopefully it will give everyone a good selection of prices. We didn't register for much clothing because of how often it is cycled out. I am still expecting that people will buy these items anyway, which is what I want.

I took my 20 week pictures today. You'll have to excuse how I look - I went without a shower this morning so that we could hit the road early and be back in time for Leonard to get a nap in before work. I also took them myself instead of Leonard doing it, so they aren't the best positioned either. These photos do a better job of showing how big I've gotten because the maternity shirts make me look bigger than I actually am.


While we were in Dallas, we stopped by the REI store. It's an outdoors store that carries a lot of items for camping and biking and hiking. I bought two outfits for the baby. They were a great deal and I couldn't pass them up. They are both for winter, so hopefully they will fit. The first one was $17, originally $52 and is down-filled. The second was $11, originally $40. They are adorable. My final purchase was a little hat.


No comments: