Sunday, December 23, 2007

Announcement

We were finally able to announce our pregnancy to the rest of our family. We told our immediate family at Thanksgiving, but we wanted to wait until after our first appointment to tell everyone else. Christmas was the best time as it was our only opportunity to tell everyone in person.

We decided on tamale day as the date to tell the family. I couldn't come up with any cute ideas, so I wrapped up a framed copy of an ultrasound picture for my grandparents to open while the rest of the family watched.

Grandma opening the present.
Aunt Rosanna and Uncle Phil gathered around to see.
Lots of smiles as they figure out what it is.
Mom with the thumbs up and her sign "GRANDMA. I beat Rosie!!!!"
Everyone was very excited as this will be my mom's first grandchild and my grandparents' first great-grandchild. They have been married almost 60 years, so they have been ready for the first for quite some time.

No comments: