Monday, November 19, 2007

I'm pregnant!

Now that we've told our families, I can finally tell everyone that we're having a baby. The due date is July 27. We've known since Nov. 15, although I was pretty sure I was pregnant a few days before that, even though it was still a few days before AF was due. This was the first cycle I had tried charting. I'm glad I did it because my cycles had been anywhere from 35-45 days since July. It really helped out knowing when I ovulated and when I could test.

I went a little test happy. First, I tried out a test that I got for free. When it turned up positive, I figured I better try out my expensive ones because I didn't trust it 100%. It came up positive almost immediately.

I went in for betas on the 15th and 19th. They are supposed to double every 48-72 hours. Mine went from 192 to over 1000! My progesterone was 29. From what I've read, most doctors want it about 15-20, so that was also a good number. That gave me hope that things would turn out ok.

I tested before Leonard got home. Of course, I couldn't sleep, so I laid on the couch until he got home. He almost sat on me because he didn't see me wrapped up in the blanket.

No comments: