Because she was doing so well during her last chemo, Abby's oncologist gave us permission to go home for Thanksgiving. I'm not talking about back to our house, I'm talking about Kansas City. We were so excited! We had always been told that we couldn't leave the state while Abby was going through treatment. If Children's Mercy hadn't been in KC, then we still probably wouldn't have been allowed to go. We had a wonderful time and the girls both enjoyed playing with their cousins and aunts and uncles. I was so happy to see all my family again, especially my grandparents. It had been a year since we had been home, which is the longest stretch we've ever had.
While Abby was in for her last chemo, they also moved up her sleep study. Instead of happening the last week in December, it has now already happened. It is supposed to take two to four weeks to get the results and it has been two already. I'm not feeling very hopeful about the results because she did not sleep well at all. I don't think it was due to the capping because every time she woke up, she complained about the CO2 probes in her nose. I don't see how she slept at all with all the sensors glued to her head and on her chest, plus two straps around her chest. There were 20+ things attached to her body. Hopefully I'm surprised and the results turn out well and her bronchoscopy later this month goes well.

3 comments:
I'm so glad to hear this news. I keep Abby in my prayers, and I hope the sleep study gave them the results they were looking for.
I'm so happy to hear this -- and very glad that you were able to visit family in Kansas City over Thanksgiving :) Hoping for more good news soon!
What fabulous news about her scans and your trip!
Post a Comment