Sunday, October 9, 2011

Wow!

I didn't realize it had been so long since I updated the blog. Abby is currently in the hospital for her 5 day chemo. This is day three and it has finally hit her. Although it's 4pm, she has only been awake for an hour or two today. Other than the chemo, things have been relatively quiet. The good news is that Abby is now halfway through her chemo plan, so only 27 weeks left!

Sadly, Maddie lost her battle with rhabdo on September 21st. It has been hard on everyone. I did not enjoy having to explain to Abby why she couldn't see her best friend anymore. It's not an easy concept to explain to a three year old, so I don't know how much she understood. Within less than two weeks, two other children here passed away in addition to Maddie. Childhood cancer is awful!

Alexis had her 15th month check-up on Tuesday. She's a big girl at 32.25in (93%) and 25lb8oz (85%). Of course, her head is at the 25th percentile. My kids just have small heads. The pediatrician says that she is doing great and has an excellent vocabulary and she was a champ at her shots.

We are gearing up for the CureSearch walk for childhood cancer research. It is next Saturday, so hopefully I will get some pictures of the team. We are the Rhabdo Warriors and so far we have raised almost $2,900 for research.

No comments: