After "sleeping" all weekend, today has been a big day for Abby. The first thing they did was to pull out the trumpet in her nose, which made her very happy. Even in her sleep, she has been pulling at it. Next, all her drains were pulled, with the exception of the one in her belly. That one should come out tomorrow. After one final listen, the doppler was pulled out and her stitches removed. They also took out her arterial line and her femoral central line should come out this afternoon.
Sedation-wise, she was taken off Precedex this weekend because it kept dropping her pulse into the 50's and raised her blood pressure. They discontinued her Versed, cut her morphine by 3/4, decreased her methadone to twice a day, stopped another drug and may take off her clonidine patch. Only the ativan remains the same. I am praying that withdrawal isn't too bad.
She's being weaned off the ventilator and hopefully she will be out of PICU by Wednesday. Everything else is going well and the doctors couldn't be happier with her progress. She does have a slightly collapsed lung, but it's improving.
I'll have to say that it is nice to have her ask me to sit next to her again.
On the run
10 years ago

4 comments:
I'm so glad to hear your good news. Praying she continues to heal and do well.
So glad to hear the news. Abby is such a strong little girl. Prayers are continuing.Love you all very much.
Hi
My name is Jenna and I came across your site. Abby is an amazing, beautiful, courageous, strong and determined fighter. She is a brave warrior, smilen champ, and an inspirational hero. I was born with a rare life threatening disease. www.miraclechamp.webs.com I love it when people sign my guestbook.
Dear Leonard,Katie and girls,
Just wanted to let all of you know that I think about you all daily and keep you always in my prayers. Hope all is going as well as it can and pray that Abby recovers well and continues on a good path of life. Thoughts and prayers always. Love, Steph
Post a Comment