Sunday, May 8, 2011

Surgery is Postponed

Abby was scheduled to go into surgery this week to remove her tumor, but it has been pushed back until June 7 due to the pathology results from the debulking she had almost two weeks ago. The pathology showed that there were very few live rhabdo cells in the piece that was removed and that most of it, in fact, was either necrotic tissue or inflammation. That is great news! It surprised everyone, including the doctors. So now the plan is to do another round of chemo, which she started on Friday and then to do another set of scans. If the tumor has not shrunk significantly since the last MRI, then they will do surgery on the 7th. If there is significant shrinkage, then surgery will be postponed again and chemo will restart.

We have been home since two days after her debulking, with the exception of one night for chemo. It has been wonderful and hopefully we will be able to avoid any more stays until June.

2 comments:

Nicki said...

Praise the Lord!!! You have never meet me and my family but since we first heard about Abby from the Layla grace blog we have all been praying our hearts out for her and your family.

Unknown said...

So encouraging. Will keep praying!